(Oslo, June 28, 2023) Bulk Data Centers, one of the Nordics' leading providers of ultra-scalable, highly connected, and sustainable data centers, has selected CTS Nordics AS, the leading Nordic design and build contractor for sustainable data centers, to further develop Bulk’s campus in Kristiansand, Norway. The campus currently has available capacity in excess of 100MW, is in the process of adding an additional 300MW, and has potential to grow to a one gigawatt campus due to local power surplus.
Under this partnership, Bulk Data Centers and CTS Nordics will join forces to design and build data center projects in both Norway and Denmark. By leveraging their combined expertise and experience, the two companies are committed to delivering infrastructure that meets the rapidly changing needs of businesses in the digital era.
“We are delighted to join forces with CTS Nordics as we share a common vision for advancing sustainable Nordic infrastructure," said Gisle M. Eckhoff, Head of Bulk Data Centers. "Their proven expertise, professionalism, and commitment make them the ideal partner to support our company's rapid growth. Together, we are ready to contribute to the development of innovative solutions and meet the growing demands of companies looking to move their data North.”
Bulk’s N01 Data Center Campus in Norway is the largest plot of land zoned for data center operations powered exclusively by renewable energy. Once this campus is fully developed, it will be the cornerstone of Nordic digital infrastructure for the next generation.
“The combination of CTS Nordics as the largest design and build contractor of Nordic data centers and Bulk, one of the leading providers of digital infrastructure solutions, is an unbeatable combination. Sharing a common commitment towards developing a sustainable and resilient digital infrastructure, both companies, working together, can design and deliver to our clients a sustainable, competitive, low-cost data solution to meet any of their needs” said Filip Schelfhout, CEO of CTS Nordics.
About Bulk Data Centers
Bulk Data Centers delivers ultra-flexible, highly connected, and massively scalable data center and colocation solutions backed by personalized service. Bulk operates sustainably, using renewable energy. Bulk Data Centers owns and operates data centers in Oslo (Norway), Kristiansand (Norway) and Esbjerg (Denmark) and is part of Bulk Infrastructure Group. www.bulkinfrastructure.com
About CTS Nordics
CTS Nordics in-house control over its entire design and build supply chain provides fully customized, sustainable data center solutions. Our family of subsidiaries and partnerships provides all the design, build and commissioning services. We manufacture our own critical components such as EPODs, PMS/BMS and switchboards to maintain full control of cost, quality and scheduling. www.cts-nordics.com
About Bulk’s N01 Data Center Campus in Kristiansand, Norway
Bulk’s Norway Data Center Campus N01 in Kristiansand is already one of the most resilient and connected data centers in the Nordics. The partnership between the companies will enable the campus to reach its full potential by offering clients:
- Massive scalability across 3km²,
- 100MW capacity contracted and already installed,
- 100 % low carbon electricity, making it the largest data center campus powered by 100 per cent renewable energy,
- Reliability, resilience and ultimate levels of power availability and flexibility at scale,
- Three subsea and four terrestrial data routes terminating into the site - clients are offered flexible options through multiple data routes with maximum redundancy and minimum lag times to insure fast, cost effective and uninterrupted service,
- Turnkey engineering infrastructure solutions for Colocation, Build to Suit and Powered land to meet the needs of clients.
- All of which is available at some of the lowest cost per megawatt in Europe.
For further information, please contact:
- Safina Hussein, Marketing Director Bulk Data Centers, +44 7769682061, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolf Arne Storøy, Business Development Manager CTS Nordics, +47 926 41 628, email@example.com