The green Bulk building
"Bulk Wood" is our new innovation project where we explore a more sustainable building concept for Bulk Industrial Real Estate's warehouse- and logistics buildings. The Bulk Wood-module is based on our standardized warehouse-module, yet with specifications that give the finished building up to 50 percent lower carbon footprint than an equivalent reference warehouse building.
Our parks are called Bulk Park for a reason. When we construct industrial parks we take into account topography and biodiversity.
The Bulk Wood Module
Support structure made of wood
Our standard module design consists of steel-reinforced concrete flooring, steel structures and sandwich-panels. With Bulk Wood we replace the steel support structure with locally produced glulam (glued laminated timber).
- Support structure in wood to reduce the building's carbon footprint.
- Recycled with recycled steel and concrete reinforcement with a minimum low-carbon class B.
- BREEAM-NOR certification with grade "Very Good" according to the 2022 certification updates.
- A minimum goal of 20% greenhouse gas reduction through material supply chain.
- A minimum goal of 90% sorting rate of construction waste.
- Aim for the highest energy rating (dark green A according to the Norwegian energy grading system).
- Increased insulation requirements for gates, doors and windows.
- Goal of a fossil-free building site.
Modular Design. Tailored Solution. Also with Bulk Wood.
As with our standardized warehouse module, there are many ways we can customize your Bulk Wood module solution, so you can benefit from standardized efficiencies while meeting specialized requirements. The Bulk Wood warehousing module is standardized to optimize EuroPal pallet storage, pallet racking, and handling, with the option to add a mezzanine deck.
Follow the building process of our very first Bulk Wood warehouse!
- Timelapse from Bulk Wood construction site
- Bulk Park Lindeberg